The objective of GBSITS is to bring together partner institutes from India and abroad for a two-day joint meeting forging new age collaborations in the field of IT. University has signed an MoU with Vibrant Goa Foundation and the idea behind co-locating the event along with Vibrant Goa is to consolidate and synergize rather than hold a one-off event. While drafting the program schedule, GBSITS will collaborate with Vibrant Goa team and all it’s IT partners to put together a program that will benefit delegates attending Vibrant Goa also take advantage of GBSITS event happening nearby. GBSITS event will be funded by the Department of IT (DoIT), Government of Goa.
Apart from some keynotes, panel discussions, technical sessions, and workshops, startups will get an opportunity to showcase their innovative Information Technology applications. There will be a special workshop on 13th October 2019 to train the start-ups on how to pitch to potential investors their solutions, highlighting its applicability and corresponding Proof of Concepts. The idea of Business Summit is to provide a complete ecosystem where the startup program will include capsules like identifying mentor/s, pathways to connect with investors, incubation programs, academia knowledge relationships, media outreach blueprints, and International connect knowledge.
Goa University (GU) is perhaps the best small public university in India. Nestled between the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghats on India’s west coast, the sheer physical beauty of the state comes from its red soil, the myriad green hues of its vegetation and the deep blues of its ocean and sky, its rivers and lakes and ponds. In 33 years of its existence, GU has been a productive University offering high-quality educational programmes and an amenable research environment with good infrastructure and being placed in the 201-250 band in the QS 2018 BRICS University ranking.
Goa University established Goa Business School (GBS) in April 2019 by amalgamating four erstwhile departments of Commerce, Computer Science & Technology, Economics, and Management Studies. The main objective behind bringing together these four departments is to allow the faculty and research students to discover new synergies that otherwise remained hidden within department silos. GBS is a new initiative of the University to rebrand and showcase its strengths in research, teaching, and consultancy with an interdisciplinary approach. At present, GBS has the largest student strength and the programs offered under the school have good placement record and demand in the service industry.
13th October 2019
Pre-event Workshop for start-ups and early stage start-ups
A special workshop will be conducted on 13th October 2019 to train the start-ups on how to pitch to potential investors their solutions, highlighting its applicability and corresponding Proof of Concepts. This is a must attend workshop, from whom the potential startups will be chosen to pitch in front of the investors from around the world.
Registrations are open for all. Due to limited seating, you are requested to register as early as possible, to avoid inconvenience.
- Chief Guest, Dr. Pramod Sawant, Chief Minister of Goa.
- Guest of Honour, Smt. Jennifer Monserrate, Minister of Information Technology
- Guest of Honour, Prof. Varun Sahni, Vice Chancellor, Goa University
- Prof. Venkatesh Kamat, Dean, Goa Business School, Goa University
- Keynote Speaker, Shri Tony Saldanha, President Transformant and, EX-IT Head Procter & Gamble USA.
- Canada : Vijay Thomas, CMD, Tangentia
- USA : Ram Vishwanathan , CMD, Nathan Research Inc
- Bhutan: Ms. Tinku Chhetri, Director – SAT Enterprise
- USA : Girish Kapur, CMD, Iris Consulting
- Estonia : Clevas Peter Tuscano, Director, Vistaar Digital Communications Pvt. Ltd.
- India: Bhupesh Rathore,President & Head – Strategic Government Advisory, YES Bank
- Moderator: Mangirish Salelkar, President, Goa Technology Association
- UAE : Abdul Aleem, University of Sharjah
- USA : Dr. Nitin Shah, Los Angeles (Internship opportunities for students in Africa & USA )
- Canada : Ms. Gursharan Kandra, CMD – CIAS Inc.
- USA: Dr. Venkateswara Rao, – Founder, School of Specialities
- USA : Dr. George Palamattam, Council of International programs
- UK: Lady Parin Somani, Director, The International Association for the Study of Ginans
- Moderator: Dr. Venkatesh Kamat, Dean, Goa Business School
Session 1 – Pankaj Mittal – CIO angel network, Alpha network, Aurigraph| Angel Investor
- Who can invest in startups as per angel tax law
- What is RoI on investment and risks associated
- How co-investments are done
- what is a term sheet and some common terms in that
Session 2 – Gireendra Kasmalkar Founder & CEO, Ideas to Impacts
**This is a closed door invite only event.
This is a closed door session. Start-ups will be screen and shortlisted prior to the event.
Corporate & Academic Track
- Goa Startup Mission
- Policies and Benefits
- Industry – Academia Connect
- Goa University, BITS, IIT-Goa, NIT, NASSCOM, Department of Information Technology, Govt. of Goa
- Special Invitee – Anand Deshpande, Founder & Chairman, PSL
- Special Invitee – Anshuman Kumar, Director – Global Brand & Corporate Communications, Intuit
- Moderator : Milind Anvekar, VP Open Destinations Infotech, VP GTA, Chairman of Vibrant Goa Knowledge Summit.
|9.35 am to 10.35 am||Anand Deshpande, Founder and Chairman, PSL|
|10.45 am to 11.25 am||Bhupesh Daheria, CEO, Aegis School of Data Science and Cyber Security|
|11.30 am to 12.10 pm||Jayant Deo, Director AI Analytics|
Registrations are open to all early stage start-ups and potential start-ups.
- Introduction to the startups and startup ecosystem
- Lean startup model
- Rapid prototying tools
- User survey
- What investors look for in a startup
- Introduction to pitch decks
- Government policies to support startups
An exciting panel discussion with Start-ups that have successfully pitched in the past and have bagged significant investors interest.
An enlightening panel discussion with Incubation centres and co-working spaces, that will help give your start-up the right direction, mentorship and space to operate from.
Vibrant Goa Global Expo And Summit 2019 (VG GES 2019) will be an ideal convergence for Goan industries and business community to showcase their strengths, highlight business opportunities and facilitate knowledge dissemination across 12 countries worldwide and 20 states of India. VG GES 2019 will provide a practical opportunity to its participants to understand the potential of Goa across various sectors.
Goa Business School, Goa University, Taleigao, Goa
Phone: +91 8669609185 |E-mail: [email protected]
Dr. Venkatesh Kamat, Dean, Goa Business School, Goa University
- Mangirish Salelkar, CEO Umang and President of GTA
- Milind Anvekar, VP Open Destinations Infotech, VP GTA, Chairman of Vibrant Goa Knowledge Summit.
- Sujeet Shetty, Director, Team Inertia Technologies and Chairman of GTA Events committee
- Rohin Parkar, CEO, Mrinq and Chairman for Start-ups committee – GTA
- Gajanan Kerkar – CEO of BestGoaDeals
- Apoorv Sharma – CEO of AIC-GIM
- Vandana Naik, Research Scholar, Visvesvaraya Ph.D. Fellow, DCST, Goa Business School, Goa University
- Ramrao Wagh, Prof DCST, Goa University and Director, Directorate of Digital Learning & Initiatives
- Jarret Fernandes Asst. Prof., DCST, Goa Business School, Goa University